If you have High Blood Pressure or Hypertension you still can find and buy affordable Term Life Insurance plans. Here we’ll point out a number of ways you can try and obtain the very best rates and quotes in this article.
Factors that will affect your underwriting decision:
- Your current age
- Date you were diagnosed
- What medications and treatment has your Doctor prescribed
- Response to any treatment
- Current readings for the last 2 years (to show that you are stable and compliant)
- Any other health issues, like heart disease, stroke etc.
How to help your agent or broker get the best life insurance rates and speed up the underwriting process:
- Your doctor records will be required, the carrier typically orders these
- Records of blood pressure readings (should be in your Dr.’s records)
- Any cardiac history records
- Make a case for your current health such as (how much you exercise, your great diet, the new job you took to improve your health and lifestyle, etc. you get what I’m saying now correct?)
Now a lot of these kind of issues can typically be controlled by just making minor modifications in your lifestyle. Some of you may just need a new job period end of story, our career’s put an enormous amount of pressure on our health. What you eat is a huge determing factor also cutting out your sodium intake can help. Getting in great shape can and probably will do the trick for most people.
There could be some underlying health issues as well though so make sure you consult with your physician before embarking on any pyhsical fitness regimen.
So what can you expect after underwriting your file? As long as you are on medication and compliant with your Doctor’s treatment program you may still get preferred rates. If you can show that your HBP is well controlled and compliant with your Doctors recommendations.